In my home – Buildings and Contents Insurance

Insurance for your service family home

Usually when you rent or own your home you require buildings or contents insurance, or both. However, as you sign a Licence to Occupy Agreement rather than a tenancy or mortgage agreement, home insurance policies do not cover the potential liability you may have to DIO Accommodation for any claims. You must therefore follow a different route to ensure you are fully covered.

The Services Insurance and Investment Advisory Panel (SIIAP) provides full details of a number of insurance providers who can organise policies that have been designed specifically for Service Family Accommodation. You need to arrange your own home liability insurance cover up to a minimum of £20,000.

Visit to arrange yours today.